Friday 7 June 2013

Purple Nurple by G2 Vapor

Disclaimer: This E-liquid was provided to me free of charge for the purpose of conducting a review. This fact notwithstanding, I will, as best I'm able, provide an honest, accurate and unbiased assessment of this product. Parts of this review are quoted from my review of G2 Vapor's Shocker. http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/shocker-by-g2-vapor.html Quoted passages are in italics.

Purple Nurple is defined by the Urban Dictionary thus, "Forceful pressure applied to one's nipple by another living thing. Varieties of nurples are defined by the color of the skin surrounding the areola post-nurple, the ideal post-nurple coloration being violet; hence, 'purple nurple.'" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nurple

Also, a Purple Nurple is a type of optical illusion. You can see a Purple Nurple here: http://www.moillusions.com/2011/05/beware-the-purple-nurple.html

Finally, again from Urban Dictionary, Nurple "rhyme(s) with purple in order to balance the world's equilibrium." http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nurple

Purple Nurple is the newest addition to the G2 Vapor http://g2vapor.com/ range and should be available from ElectronicStix who are based in Utah, USA, soon. They have a number of brick and mortar stores in addition to their online store. http://www.electronicstix.com/

G2 Vapor offer a total of six e-liquids, each of which seems a considered, refined and finely tuned balance of full-bodied flavour. They are, in no particular order, G2 (Absinthe, apple and seven other undisclosed flavours), El Blacco ("A blackberry cobbler with hints of vanilla ice cream blended with a variety of smooth black tobaccos"), Shocker (Absinthe and raspberry), Deshocker (raspberry without the Absinthe), caRnY4 (caramel tobacco with a funnel cake / kettle corn taste) and Purple Nurple ("beta testers describe it best: grape koolaid, grape soda, grape icee pops, grape fun dip, grape candy bottle caps") 

Purple Nurple, like each of the other G2 Vapor e-liquids is (will be) available in 30ml ($17.95) bottles at nicotine strengths of 6, 12 and 24mg and are mixed at PG/VG ratios of 50/50.

The actual bottles sent to me are samples (10 or 15 ml) and not the 30ml bottles made available to paying customers, so any information I provide about the bottle and label may or may not apply to the bottle you purchase and receive. When the bottle arrived the cap was sealed in a tamper evident plastic. The bottle in front of me is a tall, elegant, clear glass with a black, plastic screw top cap. The cap isn't childproof and there's no dropper attached or provided, though Electronicstix do sell screw on dropper tips (suitable for 30ml bottles) at $0.75 each. The label includes the following: the brand name, the name of the liquid, nicotine strength in mg, an ingredients list and a warning to "keep away from children and pets".

The liquid is clear and almost entirely colourless; there's the slenderest trace of Ivory to suggest it's something more than a bottle of water. Consistency-wise it's quite viscous and resistant to the (surgical) needle and syringe I'm using to drip into my atomiser. The aroma is an unquestionable grape with a slight tincture of alcohol. I think I might be picking up a hint of citrus too.

I'm dripping Purple Nurple into an Igo-L on a mechanical mod powered by an 18650 battery. The first thing I notice as I begin to vape this liquid is that, unlike the previous G2 Vapor liquids that I've tried, this is quite a subtle flavour. I can drag on the device for a good ten to twelve seconds before any sensation of pressure or throat hit registers at the back of my throat. As I inhale, there's the sensation of sweetness on the tip of my tongue that I'm expecting, but it's subtle. As I continue to inhale, the flavour of grape amplifies and I sense it most predominantly on the insides of my cheeks. When the breath turns and I begin to exhale, the flavour of grape has fully matured and is joined by the lightest infusion of lemon. There is also a certain floral quality to the flavour at this stage as well. Purple Nurple seems to benefit from a hot coil, so those of you with variable voltage or variable wattage devices might want to turn up the dial. I also find that drawing the vapour into my mouth before inhaling increases the potency of the flavour and the throat hit. The aftertaste is in keeping with the flavour of the vapour, that of grape with a slightly acidic tang on the tongue.

Throat hit varies depending on your inhalation technique from negligible to good. It seems the more I vape Purple Nurple the stronger the throat hit becomes. Vapour production is excellent. Cumulonimbus!

By it's very nature, the grape is a gentle fruit with a flavour that can be alternatively rather tart or very sweet. Purple Nurple is situated towards the sweeter end of the spectrum and like the fruit upon which it's based, is a gentle vape whose flavour grows in intensity with each draw on the device, rather than assaulting your taste buds from the get-go. I'd suggest this is a vape for warm summer days or as something light to begin the day with. Whatever you do, don't expect it to be the aggressive vape that something like G2 Vapor's Shocker is.

Gentle, calm and relaxed. Purple Nurple.